Nov 15, 2018
(For students with master’s degrees seeking Level I certification in Educational Leadership.)
- Complete application for admission to graduate program.
- Hold a master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Present three (3) letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s personal and professional qualities.
- Submit GRE scores (verbal and quantitative). Test results must be recent (within the last five years).
- Submit current teaching and other professional certificates.
- Meet the application submission deadline.
A minimum program of twenty-one (24)**** semester hours of educational leadership courses selected from the following. Other courses may be required.
Candidates who did not graduate from a teacher program must have six (6) additional semester hours of curriculum and six (6) additional semester hours of foundation courses. This means that the total number of hours for completion may vary between 24-36 hours.
** Course requirements are subject to change in accordance with new directions, state and federal mandates.
*** Candidates must have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) before they may graduate from the program, and must submit three artifacts for each course in an e-folio in TaskStream.
Graduation Requirements for Master's Degree
A minimum program of thirty-nine (39) semester hours in the following areas:
- 3 hours of foundations of education
- 36 hours of educational leadership core
Additionally, students must:
- Have a cumulative 3.0 grade point average
- Pass the master’s comprehensive examination;
- Pass the Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE);
- Have no C or lower grades;
- Have repeated and passed a maximum of 2 classes (This does not apply to classes with grades of A minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average in all course work . No grade of “C” or below will be accepted toward credit in the program and only two classes in which a grade “C” or below is made may be repeated; and or B); and
- An e-folio of all required work in TaskStream.