Sep 28, 2022
Applicants for admission must meet the following admission requirements:
- Degree: An earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- GPA: Achieved a minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade point average in the last 60 hours of the bachelor's degree.
- Professional License/Certificate: Possess a current Florida or other State Professional Educator's License/Certificate. Upload into the Graduate School's CollegeNET system a copy of current Florida or other State Professional License/Certificate.
- Professional Experience: Must have at least two years of full-time classroom teaching experience.
- Professional Instructional Expertise: Documented successful demonstration of the core standards for effective educators outlined in the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPS) and a documented track record of achieving student gains.
- Acceptable documentation of instructional expertise must include a rating of "effective" or higher on the "Performance of Students" and "Instructional Practice" sections of the candidate's two most recent performance evaluations per Section 1012.34, F. S. For applicants who are not employed by a Florida public school district, an alternative equivalent documentation demonstrating two years of effective instruction with a record of student learning gains may be submitted. Upload into the Graduate School's CollegeNET system documentation of Professional Instructional Expertise documentation.
- Professional Leadership Potential: At a minimum, demonstrated critical skills and dispositions that focus on improving student achievement in the applicant's own classroom and demonstrable improvement of teaching effectiveness in the classrooms of colleagues.
- Applicant's documentation of demonstrated critical skills and dispositions that focus on improving student achievement in the applicant's own classroom, and documentation of demonstrable improvement of teaching effectiveness in the classrooms of colleagues, as well as any other documentation of Professional Leadership Potential must be upload into the Graduate School's CollegeNET system.
- In addition, the applicant must upload into the Graduate School's CollegeNET system, the FAMU Educational Leadership Master's Programs' School Administrator/Leader Professional Leadership Potential Form. This form is to be completed by the school administrator/leader to address the applicant's professional leadership potential.
- GRE Test Scores: Must submit current (within the last 5 years of admissions application date) GRE scores. The FAMU GRE school code is 5215. All GRE scores are submitted electronically
- using FAMU school code. Contact the Graduate School if you have questions regarding submission of GRE Test Scores.
- Transcripts: Submit one official copy of bachelor's degree transcripts and one official copy of master's degree transcripts (if applicable). Upload transcript(s) into the Graduate School's CollegeNET system. Contact the Graduate School if you have questions regarding submission of official transcripts.
- Online Graduate Admissions Application: The Graduate Admissions Office requires all applicants to use the online application and the online application can be found at
- Professional References: Submit three professional references. One of the references must be from a school administrator/leader. Upload all Professional References into the Graduate School's CollegeNET system.
- Leadership Statement: A three page statement of your beliefs about leadership, values that inform your beliefs about leadership, related leadership experience(s), and leadership goals. Upload the Leadership Statement into the Graduate School's CollegeNET system.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: Resume or Curriculum Vitae must be uploaded. in into the Graduate
- School's CollegeNET system.
Educational Leadership Core
For the M.S. degree, students must enroll in the master's thesis course*
Areas of Emphasis
Note: All courses in the educational leadership core are required courses.
** Requires completion of a minimum of forty-two (42) semester hours of prescribed course work (for the masters of
*** Required near completion of program.
****Course Requirements are subject to change in accordance with state and federal mandates.
Candidates must pass the Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE), the Educational Leadership program
comprehensive examination, have at least a 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA), and have no grades lower than a